More Recent Comments

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Carl Zimmer at Carleton University

 
Carl Zimmer recently gave the Discovery Lecture at my alma mater, Carleton University in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada).

Carl has been experimenting with posting the video on his blog [Slouching Towards Total Video Immersion]. See his successful attempt at [Slouching Toward Total Video Immersion, the Next Step]. Carl's talk is about new developments in evolutionary biology. I'm pleased to report that Carl's talks are as interesting as his writing.


5 comments :

Eamon Knight said...

It was an excellent lecture, and we even get him to sign the books we bought.
(Current reading: At The Water's Edge)

Carl said...

Thanks for the link, Larry. But do you have to let everyone see how much I look like a young Richard Nixon?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Larry, I have just finished At The Water's Edge... and it was one of the most informative and best written science books that I have read.

I didn't know that Carl had a blog but will be checking it out regularly from now.

Larry Moran said...

carl asks,

Thanks for the link, Larry. But do you have to let everyone see how much I look like a young Richard Nixon?

I take it you don't see that as a compliment? :-)

Anonymous said...

For me, Zimmer = the gold standard. I'll read, listen to, or watch anything with his name on it. I've yet to be disappointed.

Now if he'll just have the good taste to come to the Toronto area ...